Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 9 months ago

No.

Main reason to me is size/weight of fast lenses made for FF. Body might be compact, but fast and good lenses are not.

The Fuji X system has the perfect size/weight/quality/IQ combination to fit my requirements. Having said that, I would consider the X-pro successor in APS sensor size of course. In FF: absolutely not.

I am happy with my system and try to focus on my ability to use it instead of hoping for more pixels. The race for pixels is over for me, however I would consider a weather sealed body, better/faster AF, better focus peaking, better framing in OVF, different tripod thread location, better access to card/battery, better battery life and wi-fi access.

If such a package comes with 24 M pixels, I won't complain (as long as noise and DR do not suffer), but the increased number of pixels is not my goal.

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow