GIX does Antelope Slot Canyon

Started Oct 20, 2013 | Photos thread
grey-ghost
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: GIX does Antelope Slot Canyon
In reply to toomanycanons, Oct 21, 2013

toomanycanons wrote:

Yes, Antelope is the real deal. Do you shoot with other cameras to compare what your G1X came up with? No offense, but it's almost like cheating posting up pics from a spot like that, I'd like to think the G1X did something special in there.

This was actually part of a Canyonlands Tour that also included Grand, Bryce, Zion, Glen Canyons.  I also had with me on the trip a Panasonic GH3 with 35-100mm f/2.8 and 20mm f/1.7 lenses.  Wound up taking 85-90% of the photos with the G1X because it was easy to carry and covered the zoom range I was most often using.

Prior to downsizing my gear, I had a whole stable full of Canon DSLRs and L-series lenses.  For what I now shoot, "going nimble" has high convenience value and IQ is, for the most part, indistinguishable from the bigger, heavier DSLR gear.

Mike

grey-ghost's gear list:grey-ghost's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow