GIX does Antelope Slot Canyon

Started Oct 20, 2013 | Photos thread
grey-ghost
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: GIX does Antelope Slot Canyon
In reply to J_dpr, Oct 21, 2013

J_dpr wrote:

Stunning photos! WOW. I've had a dream for some time now to visit this marvelous place. Is this lower or upper? I've read that the place can be very dusty and that one should take measures to protect the camera. Tell me were you afraid for your camera being damaged? Also at what time of day was this? Is it difficult to get shots without tourist on them?
Thanks for sharing!
Jan

Jan,

It is very dusty in the canyon and even more so on the ride up there through the open area below the canyon.  I had my G1X in a large ziplock for the ride up and kept the lens cap on when not taking photos.

Tourists are there by the hundreds almost any time of day.  Almost all (if not all) were in groups with local Indian guides.  Most of the photos are taken straight up or near straight up to avoid the tourists.  The one showing the path was taken hastily during a moment when the crowds were not visible - and is a bit blurry because of my haste in taking advantage of the situation

This was between 3 and 4PM local time.

Mike

grey-ghost's gear list:grey-ghost's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow