Swapping EM1 for A7

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,404Gear list
Like?
missing thepoint ...
In reply to Liviu Namolovan, 11 months ago

Liviu Namolovan wrote:

I would if I had an E-M1. Affordable decent size FF camera is what I was looking for. Until now there was only the 7000 Euros Leica M. Now the A7 is a wonderful alternative.

the fact that you just said that shows you do not much about either camera. The sony A7 and Leica M  have both a 35mm sensor but  that's about the ONLY thing they have in common

Because let's get completely honest: FF IQ is way beyond of what a m43 sensor can possibly give.

and why would it matter . does the maximal sharpness or the size of the files make your pictures better ( that is if you DO make pictures)

how BIG do you enlarge your images . do you realize that  other factors are more important than IQ ( which is going to be VERY good or excellent with any recent m4/3rds or APS camera)

the fact that Leica use a viewfinder  and has manual focus would influence your results more than  a sensor size which is not going to be visible at normal eye level and most of the ISO range

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow