Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Re: Jumping ship?
In reply to dougjgreen1, 9 months ago

dougjgreen1 wrote:

marike6 wrote:

The E-PL5 is not my favorite body because it's so small but the GX7 looks terrific. And a simple three lens kit on a small rangefinder type body sounds more interesting (and more fun) for most of the images.

I bought the E-PL5 BECAUSE it's so small. BTW, with the MCG-2 grip and the VF-2, it handles like a bigger camera.

If I had purchased those items I might still have my E-PL5. But I was expecting it to be more like the GX1 in size and feel. I guess I wasn't prepared for how tiny it is. Small has it's advantages, but portability has never been high on my list of priorities. My GH2, and the GX1 I used to own is about as small and lightweight as I need.

I find the size of the RX10 to be it's major disadvantage.

+1. I can't believe that some in this thread are arguing that an almost 2 lb. camera with an even smaller sensor and less IQ should be interesting specifically to m43 users.  After all the discussions about "boat anchor DSLRs". It's like down is up and up is down.  

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow