Travel Tripod that fits inside ThinkTank CityWalker 30?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fysloc
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Travel Tripod that fits inside ThinkTank CityWalker 30?
9 months ago

I will be travelling to Japn soon, and since I like to do a lot of dawn/night city shots, I will need a tripod for those landscapes, as well as night time events where the tripod can be positioned high enough to look over a crowd or rails for long exposure shots. 
I currently have a free tripod (Phototec P200) that I found in the garbage (or was about to go in the garbage) and while it works well, it is too big when collapsed to fit inside any kind of bag at 20" long.
Basically looking for something that is 15" or less when fully collapsed so it can fit inside the bag but can extend to a height of 60" or more. I want to try to keep the cost to under $300 and am not looking for expensive professional stuff. I use the Sony NEX systems and currently my heaviest combo would be the NEX-6 with 55-210 lens, which is under 1kg. To be on the safe side, a weight rating of atleast 2kg should be sufficient at the price range. As my bag is already very heavy by itself and then adding camera and lenses, I would like the tripod to be under 1.5kg if possible.

The order of priority for me (because no one tripod will satisfy all my conditions) is the following:

1. Foldable Height
  2. Weight
  3. Budget
  4. Maximum Height
  5. Supported camera Weight

Help would be appreciated in offering suggestions for tripods.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow