Sony RX10 is interesting for m4/3 users Locked

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,119Gear list
Re: Jumping ship?
In reply to Dheorl, 11 months ago

Dheorl wrote:

But the m43 system can't be tailored to exactly what i personally need. I need a weather sealed kit that goes from 24-200mm and doesn't make a huge dent in my backpack or hand luggage. The closest thing is the EM5 with the 2 panny zooms, and that takes up considerably more space than an RX10, and requires me changing lenses when I'm out in inclement weather, which not having to do would be great.

Fine so you're the one person on earth for whom the RX10 is EXACTLY what you need.  The fact is, Most folks need something that's slightly different, and for ANYTHING that's the least bit different, you can't change the RX10 to meet what is needed.   Just about EVERYONE who shoots in inclement weather will occasionally need wider than 24mm, or longer than 200mm. Or faster than f2.8.  If you NEVER do, then go ahead and buy the RX10.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow