What will happen to Olympus now??

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,723Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus seems to have gotten my attention!
In reply to ioshadha, 11 months ago

The EM-1 has recently risen to the top of my new-camera wish list. While saving money, I will be paying attention to user reviews, of course; my wish list is not carved into stone. I do not plan to abandon the DSLR, but have been in no hurry to acquire another.  The DSLR may become a niche camera for me, for when I wish to shoot macro, wildlife, sports, or other specialized subjects. A D800E remains on my wish list, for landscapes and seascapes, but there is no hurry, so it is no longer at the top, and may be superceded before I get around to buying, which is OK.

As for the new Sony offerings, well, I am open-minded, and will be paying attention to user reviews, and the announcement of more lenses. I have seen nothing, yet, that  excites my interest. Will Sony anoounce anything like the new Nikkor 58mm 1.4G, with two aspheric elements, for what should be excellent night images? A Noct for the 21St Century has been a dream of mine, and Nikon may have just made it come true. (Yes, I await user reviews and more sample images.)

I know "full-frame" is the current rage, but I have two Canon 5D bodies (first version) for when I wish to scratch that itch, and plenty of high-end Canon lenses, and an adapter that lets me use any Nikkor that has an aperture ring.

Sony will have to convince me they are making something I really need, or at least WANT very badly.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow