Question About X-Trans Detail

Started Oct 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
hexxthalion
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
Re: Question About X-Trans Detail
In reply to Jim Evidon, Oct 20, 2013

Even LR5 doesn't do a great job with the XTrans. It's better, but Adobe isn't there yet. I RAW convert with Capture One Express v.7. It produces a very sharp image. I'm not in love with C1's tools although many swear by it. I simply use it to RAW convert, save as TIFF and open in LR5 and work from there. Try downloading and installing a trial of CI Express v.7 and give it a try. I understand there are a few other RAW converters that are XTrans friendly such a Irident and other as well, but I am not familiar with them. You may want to check them out as well.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One-Express-7.aspx

Cost $99, but the trial is free.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Hi Jim, I've switched now completely from LR to C1 - what helped me a lot are training videos from Luminous Landscapes, not sure if still valid but there was a promotion to get them all for $59 - not bad for roughly 8 hours of videos and traditional good fun from Michael Reichman. Worth getting, there are a lot of cool features there and it's fully customisable - I know the pain, been using LR since the first BETA.

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow