FZ70 or Fuji HS50?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,911Gear list
Like?
Re: Vanyu
In reply to Stevie Boy Blue, 9 months ago

I do recall reading about chromatic aberation being a problem in some of the earlier Fuji superzooms and didn't like what I was seeing posted several years ago. I am glad that you picked up an FZ200 despite its being more challenging to configure and possibly requiring more OOC PP. I'm not fond of having to spend time in PP and that was the reason I sold my Nikon D70s.

Anyway, sounds like you are ready to sell the FZ20. That was really the superzoom (12x) that caught people's attention as far as Panasonic's being a contender in the photo world. I probably gave up on mine too early, but it's inability to allow me to focus well indoors was a game changer for me and I decided to switch to a Nikon D50. Maybe I had a bad copy, but my FZ20's EVF was so dark indoors that I couldn't see what was or wasn't in focus. Outdoors, of course, was a different matter.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz20

I'm surprized, Stevie Boy, that you aren't searching for the ideal aftermarket lens hood for the FZ70. There must be something out there. I do agree that Panasonic did a disservice to customers by not including a lens hood that could accomodate the wider end. Oh, well. Just saved them more money!

Let's see some of your FZ200 shots. If you have a chance to write a narrative with some wildlife shots explaining how you think an FZ70 might do better in particular instances, would appreciate your thoughts.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow