Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,456Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for doing all this work
In reply to Henry Richardson, 10 months ago

Henry Richardson wrote:

Tyson Robichaud wrote:

Long story short, while I completely expected the opposite, the GX7 can outperform the 5 axis Oly IBIS. Will different shooters have different results? Quite possibly, because no two of us will shoot the same way, but I have found the GX7 to be far more effective than I'd anticipated and felt it beneficial to share that. I'm not on these forums that often, but please feel free to email me or get in touch via the blog if I can help clarify anything else.

Thanks for doing all of this and writing it up well. Looks like it was a whole lot of work and you have more patience in doing this sort of thing than I do.

I have had the E-M5 for 1.5 years, but I like the ergonomics of the GX7 better (haven't held one yet though) with the EVF over in the left corner. I shoot using my left eye so that position is more comfortable for me than in the center of the cramped E-M5.

The tilting viewfinder is really a nice feature. I was surprised at how useful it really is! It's very comfortable to hold and use.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow