FZ70 or Fuji HS50?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Stevie Boy Blue
Contributing MemberPosts: 753
Like?
Re: Vanyu
In reply to jcmarfilph, 11 months ago

Joms, thanks for posting these examples. For OOC shots they look okay to me, assuming that they’re all taken at full zoom. It’s a shame that EXIF data is missing, as I would have had an instant idea of what the HS50 is capable of and what ISO and shutter speeds were used, etc. Anyway, I’ve no problem with your idea that the best way to drag consistency from the HS50 at the long end for birding is to shoot lots of images in continuous mode.

I’ve been using that method to good effect with FZ cameras for years, with an average return of 2 or 3 clear/detailed photos from every 6 or so when shooting shifty/twitchy little birds. If the HS50 can render a similar number of hits in similar circumstances I’d definitely be keen to have a closer look at the model in the shop. That said, I still wouldn’t commit to anything until I see what Canon might offer before the end of this month. Rumour suggests that they could be about to announce a replacement for the SX50 (or whatever their current 1200mm camera's called), maybe sometime this week.

Cheers…

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow