My New 1DX Has Black Spots.

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 950Gear list
Like?
READ THIS MAN'S 1DX STORY
In reply to ajy, Oct 20, 2013

ajy wrote:

To press on the service advisory issue some more: I'm trying to figure out if there are different kinds of problems that could result from the "wear caused by insufficient lubrication":

The service advisory mentions two problems

1. AF searches but does not lock in on the subject.
(Caused by minute particles produced by wear mentioned above.)
2. The image shown in the viewfinder is “blurry” or “not steady”.
(Occurs if wear progresses.)

Presumably the viewfinder dust is due to wear caused by insufficient lubrication (or is this assumption incorrect?).

Assuming that this presumption is correct: does wear leading to dust viewfinder dust invariably lead to subsequent autofocus problems? Are the two closely tied together?

I think this poor fellow "Down Under" should give you a sense of what's going on. I don't know if Canon is going to even stand behind the 1DX.

When the 1yr is up it looks like we're all screwed. Look what Canon did to this guy!!! They knew the 1DX was defective and put this man through HELL!!!

Read what this poor guy has been through:

http://www.photocounter.com.au/2013/canon-warranty-dispute-leads-to-claims-of-fraud/#comment-14152

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow