Tips for Travel Photography

Started Oct 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 12,264Gear list
Like?
Re: Tips for Travel Photography
In reply to Shutterbug013, Oct 20, 2013

Shutterbug013 wrote:

Im heading over to Europe next month for a 5 week holiday mainly around Germany. I will be taking a point and shoot camera (does have full manual though) and I will be traveling in a large group. I know how to take decent photos on a point and shoot but I want to get the best photos I can. Is there any tips or advice for travel photography and any specific advice for travel photography in Europe that will help me in getting the best photos i can.

In my perception you have done as much as you can do, using a P&S. You will save time for photos by NOT irritating the others in the group with a noisy DSLR or a view-obscuring tablet.

When I am playing tourist here in Auckland, kerrunching DSLRs stuff my videos, and it is more difficult to get shots through the glass floors in the Sky Tower when everybody else uses a tablet. Since I am born Swiss-German, my advice may apply in Germany as well.

You also might Google the items in your itinerary for the places you wish not to miss.

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow