XZ-2 - BB King and Robert Cray

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,803Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-2 - BB King and Robert Cray
In reply to Marla, 11 months ago

Marla wrote:

Wow! Great shots! BB King looks incredibly good for 88 y/o!

It amazed me also. First time seeing him perform live.

That first shot in aweome! Sharp, fine detail. Consider the lighting that you were dealing with, I'm really amazed.

Lighting for Cray was not as bad because they did use a white spotlight on him. But for King there was no spotlight on him. Only on some of the members of his band when they were soloing.

BTW.....excuse my dumb question coming from my "technically challenged" mind! But what is the "digital converter" for the XZ-2?

It is a selection in one of the menus. You have to set up a button to access it. It basically doubles the focal length of the lens. It does this by cropping the original image (assuming you are shooting JPEG) and then upscales the image to the original image size that you selected. A lot of people will tell you that you can do the same thing in a program like Photoshop afterwards but I feel that the way that Olympus does it in their bodies works great for me.

Thanks for posting the photos.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow