Why are there no cameras with viewfinder on the right?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Joe186
Senior MemberPosts: 1,425
Like?
Re: Left-eye-dominant left-hander
In reply to Rexgig0, 6 months ago

Rexgig0 wrote:

I am left-eye dominant, which is one big reason I prefer cameras that have the viewfinder mounted high, so my right eye is not blocked by the camera body. This assumes horizontal/landscape orientation, of course; vertical portrait blocks neither of my eyes, though my portrait orientation is, of course, opposite that of a right-hander, which is one reason "gripped" cameras have never particulary appealed to me, except for the added battery capacity.

I am left-handed, but operating the shutter with my right index finger has never been a problem. Photography is a two-handed endeavor, anyway, with plenty of things for each hand to be doing.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

By right-eyed, I got a little mixed up. The V-1’s viewfinder is a tiny bit to the right (I have one). As far as holding the 4500 upside-down, it’s a bit strange, but it’s all I can think of for a standard viewfinder.

Other than that, the only other possibility I can come up with, are those optional viewfinders that clip into the flash shoe of some high end compacts and mirrorless. They’re centrally located, but perched on top of the camera.

You can check out most offerings here.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EP2/EP2A.HTM

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow