In reply to kcamacho11, Oct 19, 2013

kcamacho11 wrote:

JimMc wrote:

kcamacho11 wrote:

JimMc wrote:

kcamacho11 wrote:

bowportes wrote:

kcamacho11 wrote:

I have both an X-E1 and a NEX-6 (purchased the NEX-6 for HD video and tilt screen).

I have both cameras with their kit lenses (18-55 and 16-50). The concern I have is that when I zoom in a bit (not even 100%), I am seeing more detail in the NEX-6 images compared to my X-E1. I find this odd as both cameras are 16MP with excellent sensors.

For example, I took a picture of my dog with each camera, at very similar focal length and same aperture (F5.6), ISO200....yet when viewing it in my Macbook Pro, when I zoom in to see the detail of my dog's face, like the eyes, nose, etc. the NEX-6 photo just looks sharper to me.

Both were jpeg's, straight out of the camera, no post-processing...and I have each camera's sharpness setting at +1.

The X-E1 photo looks great when viewing in its regular size, but its when I zoom in where I see some differences every now and then. Not only in this photo of my dog, but in others as well.

What could be the issue here? Does the X-Trans sensor suffer from a bit of lack of detail?

Let's see...

Here you say you have an X-E1 and a Nex6.

Four days ago you wrote (in m4/3 forum) about your Panasonic GX7 (a new camera model) and your Canon 70D.

Then 2 days ago you wrote that you received your Canon 70D that morning, your favorite DSLR ever.

Then 1 day ago you wrote that you own a Nex7, your "favorite camera of all time."

Then 1 hour ago you wrote that your RX100M2 is your favorite camera -- you dumped all your DSLR gear for it.

Now you write that you have an X-E1 and Nex6, and have concerns about the detail of the Fuji.

Well I have a 2015 American Motors Pacer that I'm having difficulties with...

Come on...

stalkstôk/verbgerund or present participle: stalking

1. 1. pursue or approach stealthily."a cat stalking a bird"
    • harass or persecute (someone) with unwanted and obsessive attention."for five years she was stalked by a man who would taunt and threaten her"
    • literarymove silently or threateningly through (a place)."the tiger stalks the jungle"
  2. 2. stride somewhere in a proud, stiff, or angry manner."without another word she turned and stalked out"

Might as well give you all the info, before you try to hack into my computer to find out who I am.

My name is Karel. I am one of 3 brothers. I am a professional photographer and I own an arsenal of cameras just for fun, because I just happen to love photography and technology. X-E1, NEX-6, NEX-7, 70D (my favorite camera of all time for video, sorry for misinterpretating), Nikon D600, among them.

My two other brothers, are not pro's and one of them owns an RX100M2 and the other owns a GX7 (which I bought for his b-day). Nontheless, they are always borrowing my cameras and using them.

The three of us, post here using MY same screenname (kcamacho11). My youngest brother lives with me, and he is usually the one posting, not me.

Are you happy?

I was told, by you, that you sold your XE1 because of poor low-light performance. You failed to answer why you purchased another XE1. Was that you or one of your brothers?

When did I tell you this? No, I do not recall telling you anything at all...and to be honest, I am not even familiar with your screen name.

It was a private message. I still have it.

Ok?.....that's nice. What is your infatuation with this whole thing?

Clearly, it wasn't me that answered your private message.

Are you saying other people now have access to your profile?

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow