Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,885Gear list
Like?
Is F 1.2 really that difficult ??
10 months ago

Its getting more and more clear to me that its all in the lenses. I have the 20 mm 1.7 and now just got the 45 mm 1.8. While the 1.8 is great its clear to me that I have to try the 25 mm 1.4 as a possible change from the 20 mm 1.7. I do find that I can get good subject isolation with the 45 mm BUT it comes at the price of composing "environmental portraits" is very dificult, due to the narrow angle of view.

What I would really love is a f 1.2 and if not possible a f 1.4 15 mm. I dont get why they make it 1.7, the only reason i can see is that it is technically very difficult to make it faster. BUT can that truly be ? The voiglander makes 0.95 lenses. Anyhow I guess the 42 mm 1.2 will be amazing, but I guess also very very expensive. The crux of the M43 system is the prices, especially of glass.

Anyhow I think that 2.8 is to slow for almost anything in the m43. So why are there only ONE, that is 1 lense that offers 1.4 with AF in the whole system, its very strange to me. Faster glass would leviate the only "shortcoming" of m43 in my view.

I am just disapointed that the 15 mm is not at least 1.4

What do you guys think ?

Best wishes

jakob

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow