Fantastic camera, but plastics used are a little too soft.

Started Jun 26, 2013 | User reviews thread
gohunter
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: Fantastic camera, but plastics used are a little too soft.
In reply to Bob Tullis, 10 months ago

Hi Bob, TBH I've only cranked up around 1600 shutter actuations on the E-M5 in around 9 months of owning it. Yes, I know, I should use it more!

The problem is having too many other cameras to play with. An Oly E-P2, Panasonic G5, Panasonic GF5, Fujifilm X10 and a Canon Sx280HS. Took 4 of them on holiday with me a couple of weeks ago (E-P2, GF5, X10 and SX280HS). We were in Greece and the middle east for 2 weeks. Therefore lots of intensive sun and harsh shadows. The X10 and the GF5 were the ones that got used the most, between them accounting for just under 700 of the 820 photos taken. as they have the best dynamic range. Where the E-P2 was lacking detail in the shadows, or blowing out highlights, the GF5 (set on HDR mode - yes I know it is only a single frame HDR) and the X10 (set on EXR D-Range priority mode) coped extremely well and recorded plenty of detail in both highlights and shadows.

Out of all my cameras, my firm favourite is the Fuji X10. It really does produce stunning shots, straight out of the camera. It does have a tendency to over do the blues when you have sea and blue sky (which I experience a lot as we love cruises), but a very quick white balance tweak in Lightroom fixes that. I have a preset set up specially for this as the correction always seems to be the exact same amount.

Too many cameras, not enough spare time to use them......

gohunter's gear list:gohunter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Fujifilm X-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow