Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
melinj
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Good travel camera
9 months ago

So, this is my first post. It is also the first time I am on this forum, and it is also the first time I am buying a camera. I've no clue what I should be looking for and what not.

So I turn myself to this site, which a friend told me about.

My girlfriend and I will be travelling around Europa and Australia a lot the next few years, and we want a good camera. I've already figured out that a compact camera is the best fit for us. We will probably mostly be taking photos of landscapes, buildings, bridges and such. I have no issue changing lenses or anything like that and of course I want the best possible quality. And I do not think I will be editing any of the photos either. And I guess a little bit of zoom would be a bit convenient.

I have been looking around for a few days and I got my eyes on a few different cameras. The Sony NEX 6 & 7, Nikon 1 J2 & 3 and also Canon EOS M. Could you guys please share your expertise and advise me on what camera to buy? Or at least what camera to have a look at and where I might be able to find these cameras for a good price, or for at least under $1000?

I will be very grateful for answers and thanks in advance!

melinj's gear list:melinj's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow