Started Oct 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 353
Like?
X100 - V:2 - Problem - anybody else??
Oct 19, 2013

I wrote about this on 'that other site', and got many responses indicating I am not the only one - we could have a real problem here!

I have my same 95m/s card, I have 'info' screen set on the LCD, I have 'eye sensor' set on as usual, and card formatted. When I look into the OVF or EVF and take a photo, it is taken almost immediately, and gives me back my live view in order to take the next photo - no problem here. However - here is the problem - if I take the photo and immediatly pull the camera away from my eye, and wait for the 'info' screen to appear back on the LCD, so I can turn the flash on or change something for my next photo - there is a very long lag (2.5-3 seconds), for it to come on.

Can somebody please try it and tell me it is not so. I do a lot of street photogrpahy and need that instantaneous reaction from the photo being taken, to having my screen clear on the back and ready to change any settings for my next photo. I even have 'image display' turned off so I have no hold-ups, after the photo has been taken. It takes a few long seconds for my 'info' screen to come on - (it is just black) - and by then any new photo opportunity will be long gone.

I even tried doing it by 'feel', because looking through the EVF/OVF, after the photo is taken, it seems to very quickly be ready to take the next photo.  However, if you try to change something by feel, while still looking through the eye-piece (like turn flash on, or go to 6fps or something), you still get that wretched 2.5-3 second delay, as on the LCD screen.  It looks as if it is ready to take the next photo, but will not let you make any changes for that dreaded 3 seconds.   It definitely was not like this on V. 1.3. If we have a general issue here we need to notify Fuji, because this is a real killer.

Thanks

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow