ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ecm
ecm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?
What external flash for the Pentax Q?
Oct 19, 2013

I'm quite enjoying my new(old) Pentax Q + 02 and 06, but the one thing I'm missing to make the system complete is an appropriate external flash. I have a Yougnou 560III that's a great semipro-level flash that works with the Pentax Q, but it's absolutely enormous compared to the camera - to the point I can't hold the camera with that monster on it, I have to hold the flash instead; the camera's just a little pimple.... There's no point to the beautiful tiny camera if you Frankenstein a flash twice it's size on it.

I've looked around at B&H and Amazon, but I haven't really found much other than the less-than-satisfactory Pentax AF-200FG; it's smaller and in the right price range but it doesn't bounce. There's a few Polaroid, Flashpoint and Zeikos branded flashes available that might work but I don't know anything about them. Has anyone tried Samsung's flashes for the NX cameras - do they work with the Q?

So, what are you using for an external flash with your Q series camera, and is it working for you?

Colin.

-- hide signature --

unus pes præ altero....

ecm's gear list:ecm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Canon EOS 600D Pentax Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 LG G3
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow