Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
MarshallG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,491Gear list
Canon 5D mIII vs Canon 7D
9 months ago

I have a Canon 7D, and just saw a fantastic deal on a 5D mIII. I am so tempted to switch! The 6D does not interest me because I like the rugged body of the 7D and I like to shoot photos at Oakland A's games, and the 6D doesn't have the frame rate.

The low light ability of the 5D iii is very appealing. Would someone please summarize the benefits of the 5D iii over a 7D? My understanding is that the  5D is full-frame, which means less noise and better low light operation.

The feature that would interest me most is better autofocus accuracy. I am unable to manually focus accurately unless I use Live View and the 10x magnification on a tripod. In autofocus mode, the 7D often misses slightly. Maybe with an interchangeable focus screen, I could get a split prism and focus myself, or maybe the 5D focuses better.

Any general listing of 5D advantages would be much appreciated. I kindly thank you in advance.

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow