Swapping EM1 for A7

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,851Gear list
Like?
Re: Needlessly bloated??
In reply to Donny out of Element here, Oct 18, 2013

Donny out of Element here wrote:

A7/r is just announced, it's not even available in shops until Christmas. And yet already there are 5 new FE lenses. Fuji started with just 2 or 3. Even m43 started with just a few lenses. IMHO Sony has a very good start already. As for legacy lenses - you are mistaken: it's actually opposite - A7 is better for legacy lenses due to 24Mp, instead of 36Mp on A7r. However, both are designed with sensors that are specifically good with wide legacy lenses. That is a main change in sensor tech that was done. Finally there are 2 adapters (one with A99 PDAF system - which is lightning fast) that extends the number of lenses available currently for A7/r: every A-mount lens will work natively with full AF speed. There are plenty of portrait lenses in A-mount.

Really? Five new lenses? What store can I buy them in? Oh wait. The 28-70 is only in a kit, I can get an $800 35mm and the other three are in 2014. And I can buy an oversized adaptor to use even larger lenses on this body. Sounds like fun - not.

Shouldn't you be having fun in the NEX forums talking about how everyone in the world is going to buy this camera?

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow