Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for FZ70 postings also
In reply to Holmes375, Oct 18, 2013

Holmes375 wrote:

Henry Falkner wrote:

....Are the FZ70 owners keeping quiet because the FZ200 guys shout them down here?

Henry

I hardly believe that is the case here. Have you seen notable evidence of this "shouting down"?

I doubt the FZ70 will ever see a large presence in this forum and I'm beginning to think it won't ever see a large presence in the real world either given Panasonic's rather obscure marketing practices. Too bad really as its no doubt a very good consumer-style bridge cam with a diverse repertoire.

-- hide signature --

I'm with you, Holmes. I'm not seeing a large chunk of Canon superzoom sales going over to Panasonic because Panasonic simply WIMPS OUT when it comes to thoughtful, creative, and dynamic marketing.

If Panasonic would have its FZ model side by side in all of the physical stores in which Canon has a presence with its SX model, then it would be a good shootout when it comes time for a purchase. Until then, Panasonic loses.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow