What was your first camera ever that sparked your interest in photography?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Daro31
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Re: What was your first camera ever that sparked your interest in photography?
In reply to Norge65, 10 months ago

My Dad's Rolleiflex, 2.8. What a piece of machinery, 8 years old and my Dad showed me how to use it, after a light metre reading you could lock the aperture and shutter together and change them together. Even had an accessory to put a roll of 35mm. through it. Also you did not have to watch the film leader for an arrow to see how to wind when you loaded the film; it felt the thickness of the film and started counting from there.  Dad let me use it for high school photography yearbook when everyone else was using Kodak Brownie Starflash with 127 film. Traded it in when I bought my Mamiya RB67 Pro-S. Sure wish I still had the Rollie.  Oh and it was fast to, 1/2 a crank and you could wind the film and I almost forgot the sports finder which was built in. I actually shot indoor basketball with this camera.

Daro31's gear list:Daro31's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow