Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,361
Like?
Question About X-Trans Detail
6 months ago

I have both an X-E1 and a NEX-6 (purchased the NEX-6 for HD video and tilt screen).

I have both cameras with their kit lenses (18-55 and 16-50). The concern I have is that when I zoom in a bit (not even 100%), I am seeing more detail in the NEX-6 images compared to my X-E1. I find this odd as both cameras are 16MP with excellent sensors.

For example, I took a picture of my dog with each camera, at very similar focal length and same aperture (F5.6), ISO200....yet when viewing it in my Macbook Pro, when I zoom in to see the detail of my dog's face, like the eyes, nose, etc. the NEX-6 photo just looks sharper to me.

Both were jpeg's, straight out of the camera, no post-processing...and I have each camera's sharpness setting at +1.

The X-E1 photo looks great when viewing in its regular size, but its when I zoom in where I see some differences every now and then. Not only in this photo of my dog, but in others as well.

What could be the issue here? Does the X-Trans sensor suffer from a bit of lack of detail?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow