Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,249Gear list
Like?
Lets get this party started, dog pile
In reply to Mike921, 9 months ago

Mike921 wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

For now you cant use the camera for critical situations until it's fixed. I know war correspondents who refuse to use the camera because they can only carry one body at times.

This 1DX issue is more serious than people think. The 1DX as made today is indeed defective in design, manufacturing and in any attempts to fix, refurbish or abate the defective mirror box.

Please share your statistical data (total number of bodies manufactured, number of complaints received, service orders processed, repeat incidents, etc. etc. etc.).

It is very doubtful that Canon will ever share the data related to this issue. It must have been a pretty big sampling though, if they released a service advisory to address it.

Are you saying Canon's service advisory is not valid? How many cameras it may effect is yet an unknown. They are all made with the same parts. Later models got more lube, which is really just a band aid fix. However, it does appear that some units outside the serial numbers specified in the service advisory are experiencing the same issue. If and only if one is to believe what has been said in a few threads here.

if Canon comes up with a fix Ill be the first to say so .

And who are you exactly that makes you saying so such a big deal

That is always a two way street.

But for all practical purposes I'm going on my 4th 1DX based on the very issue outlined in this thread.

Bad manuf. lots/runs do happen with all products (surprise!), I don't want to minimize the unfortunate fact that you (and a few others) seem to be pulling product from the same run -

All products!! Got any proof of that? LOL

Not an excuse for a $7000 camera.

Are you sure you don't want to minimize/suppress the unfortunate fact that the camera has had a service advisory and a few people are complaining about it? Because that is exactly what it sounds like you are doing.

but it does not prove that all 1DX's are or will be problematic. Again, if you have no data, you have no credible position making such statements. If all 1DX's are defective as you so certainly imply (again, where is your data?), there most certainly would be a lot more complaints than have been seen on a few forums.

I would imagine that you don't see many complaints due to the fact that the camera does continue to work even with the junk in the viewfinder. Most people are not likely to come to DPReview and complain about it. They probably don't want to jump into this shark tank of a forum and put up with the fanatical fanboys. I suspect most complaints go directly to Canon, and not to forums.

The future repair bills and lack of reliability once the warranty is up are going to hurt Canon's most coveted customers. Honestly, if I were Canon, I'd be very worried. Its like a Doctor buying a scalpel that kills each patient, the doctor and the company all at the same time

And if I were you, I would be worried Canon will send me a cease and desist letter..... Keep beating this drum without substantiating data and see how far it gets you....

That is funny. Canon could care less about what people in these forums are saying. If they did, I'd have a check in my hands for $7000 and they'd have my 1DX.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow