Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YonathanZ
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Monitor calibration device
10 months ago

OK, this is something I thought I'd never care about, but here I am, finding myself unable to trust the colors of my Samsung T220P monitor. It definitely has a yellow tint, and whites never look quite as good as on my iPhone or iPad, or my brother's Dell U-some-number monitor.

I know it's a TN panel and that the brightness and contrast are not consistent when I move my head just a few inches, and I probably am going to get a Dell U2010 or U2012 (I know the U2013 replaced the U2010 but I am talking about a used U2010 for lower than the price of a new U2012). For now, however, I'd like to start with just a monitor calibration device, to see how far I can get with this monitor.

I thought all recent devices work with all recent LCD monitors, but then I noticed that some monitors are said to only work with Xrite i1 Pro for calibration. I also noticed this device is $230, which is a big no-no for me. I am looking to pay up to $100, maybe a tad more.

Anyway, I'd like to know which one I should get. I see the Spyder ones are mentioned frequently, but for me that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best (even for its price), and that is why I'm asking you.

Also, once I get a new monitor, it would be cool if I could match it with my old Sammy, if that's possible considering my budget.

Thank you.

YonathanZ's gear list:YonathanZ's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow