Sony RX10 is interesting for m4/3 users Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,160Gear list
Re: Sony RX10 is interesting for m4/3 users
In reply to GodSpeaks, 6 months ago

GodSpeaks wrote:

Not really sure why you think the new RX10 would be of particular interest to MFT users.

Personally I have zero interest in it. If I want a fixed lens camera I would want something smaller, and at least potentially pocketeble. But I prefer the versatility of interchangeable lenses, hence MFT for me.

The 24-200 f2.8 lens however, is interesting. But it had better be damned good to warrant the $1300 price tag.

I still have my Sony R1. Nice camera in it's day, but something of a dinosaur now. It also serves to remind me that Sony is a company with Attention Deficit Syndrome. So it makes me wonder how long Sony can keep up the shotgun approach to development of new cameras, before losing interest completely.

They already seem to be losing interest in NEX. They may not be, but that is certainly the outward impression.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

You reflect my thoughts and feelings; exactly!!!

I keep my Sony R1 on the shelf too...

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow