Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ajy
ajy
Regular MemberPosts: 201
Like?
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.
In reply to ajy, 9 months ago

ajy wrote:

I just spoke to Canon (US). She wasn't directly familiar with this specific problem. When I asked if it was a pentaprism issue, if it would be covered, she implied that it would be covered since it was a brand new camera (I guess she wasn't aware of XeroJay's phone conversation).

Nevertheless, I'm going to send it back in to Canon have it looked at; apparently this is being address in the Virginia service center.

A part of me was thinking about returning it to B&H, but I figured this issue could come up again with another brand new camera!

To follow up on: I ended up sending the 1DX back for service to Virginia. It was covered under warranty.

The repair details: "Your product has been examined and it was found that the viewfinder assembly, was dusty causing black spots after some time. The unit was cleaned and checked, apply grease, clean CMOS, check all functions."

The camera also now has the "black mark on the silver bracket" in the battery compartment

At this time, it's too early to know if this will be a problem again or not (hopefully not)!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow