Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jay coffsky
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
OMD EM5, would you buy again
11 months ago

I love DP forum. I dont relish negative responses and probably will get some. Experience good or bad is what one experiences. About 6 months ago I bought a great little camera, the OMD-5. I would  NOT buy this camera again even though it has produced just what I wanted for the most part.

We were going on a Baltic Trip and I also added 5 great lenses. I also got one of those side shoulder strap things that really distributes the weight much better.

My disappointments I think are the short battery life to start. I usually get about 100 pics, I generally 99% of the time use the view finder and not the screen but had extras just a inconvenience of changing batteries more then one wants to.

My biggest disappointment are the tiny buttons that get pushed often when you grab the camera that is over your right hip and often have pushed one of these tiny buttons accidentally. I also have a great deal of trouble with the menu selections. I am old and I guess stupidity age to use this complicated camera is about 65yrs. I am 76 and just I guess to old and stupid to get the hang of this (difficult) menu in my opinion.

The weight of the camera is great compared to my nikon 800e plus lens. What I am saying is the literature should say tiny buttons, short battery life, great pics, not for old (used to be smart but now stupid old farts) older then 65 yrs.

Please be gentle with any negative rebuttals.

-- hide signature --

jay coffsky

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow