Is there anyone who update from NX1000 to NX300? Is this update valuable?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
arbuz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,023Gear list
Like?
Re: Is there anyone who update from NX1000 to NX300? Is this update valuable?
In reply to giliath, 9 months ago

If this is only about IQ then I would say improvement is not big. However besides small improvement in noise intensity (as other said, 1/2EV on ISO 3200) there is great and welcome change in noise structure. ISO 3200 in very poor lightniig looks much better because there is no chroma noise (red dots, green patterns etc) - all we see is are small grey dots that don't obscure color or details. Just because of this I have no hesitation to shoot at ISO 3200 or even 6400 and the image looks very good to my eyes, with little need to denoise. In NX20 or NX1000 (I have them both) ISO 1600 was a comfortable limit with ISO 3200 as a compromise (still not bad though) that would make good use of some denoising process.

Besides I find NX300 as much more confortable camera to handle (to pick a few)

- it has upper wheel which helps adjusting settings quickly

- touch screen to focus in any point of the screen is a functionality I use a lot

- camera is faster and more responsive

- write times on SD card are much better (ca 1s on quality but not the best card) and RAW files are smaller (ca 44 -> 23MB). Faster write times - no more or very much reducted "processing" blackout

You need to evaluate by yourself.

arbuz's gear list:arbuz's gear list
Samsung EX2F Pentax *ist DS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow