Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Abhayks
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Re: Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?
In reply to brian14478, 11 months ago

brian14478 wrote:

If I were you.....I would ride out your a55 for awhile. These three were pictures I upscaled to match 24mps....then cropped. What do you really need or want now that your a55 isn't giving you?

Absolutely there are more features and weathersealing with the a77 but ask yourself if its worth the investment now? If you are planning on a 'keeper' camera then I would say go for it. If you want higher iso performance then I would wait it out a bit if you could?

Best of luck...it isn't always an easy/cut/dry choice.-brian

Brian,

Your photos are always good. I certainly do not have skills to match you :). The turtle image is just wow. Which lens did you use ?

I have enjoyed my A55, but recently its showing age. Like a few days back I was shooting at night for some long exposure shots ~ aprox. 30-40 seconds. After around 30 shots my camera frooze while saving an image. I could see the Red light and camera was doing something for a long time. I had to shut down the camera and it will not turn back on. I tried the usual tricks like putting in the spare battery and another Card but the camera will just not turn on. So I had to close my bag and return. On my way back, I tried my luck and voila A55 was working again. That night I lost many shots. Though my camera is still usable and produces good photos, but it has become unreliable. Hence, planning to change it. It has served me well for 3 years so I think it has recovered its cost.

I do not have too much to spare on the camera, hence plan to use my existing Lenses, Flash, remote etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow