Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Shield3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?
Re: 4 adapters, might need 2 of them = $350 times TWO
In reply to 123Mike, 6 months ago

123Mike wrote:

JimmyMelbourne wrote:

Moving to FF, and also moving away from SLT pellicle mirror will offset the loss of IS. The adapter however re-introduces SLT as part of the A mount adapter solution.

A problem I find with the later SLTs is it is hard to know what benefit IBIS is actually providing in real terms. I do not see a great difference when it is on or off in most shooting scenarios.

I also always had the impression that IBIS was a bit of a stab in the dark. It sometimes appears to do something, if that. I get around motion blur mostly through burst shooting. I shoot like 8+ shots, and then 1 or 2 come out without blur. Lot of work filtering out the blurry ones. I was thinking of creating a photo-organizing software that finds the blurry versions and tgas them for quicker reviewing and discarding.

Mike, if you're only getting 1-2 out of 8 that aren't blurry, then you're either using the wrong camera, shutter is too low, or something else is very wrong. Here's a 36 shot burst I did with the 5d3 - the buffer lasted long enough to track my son from home plate to 1st base (30 shots with a 1000x CF card). While the tracking and AF with the combination (70-200 II and 5d3) are pretty impressive IMO, I still got way more than 12-25% with my a57/a77/a99.  Keep in mind this was at F/2.8!

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3509404

Don't bother grabbing the large zip file in the beginning; just scroll down I have posted the shots inline.

Shawn

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow