Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Senior MemberPosts: 8,901Gear list
Like?
Re: Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?
In reply to Lucas_, 6 months ago

Lucas_ wrote:

You have some interesting reasoning, although it mostly depends on the use of the of the LA-EA4 adapter, which is even bulkier than the LA-EA2 ( which is already a pain in the neck... ). If there was no other alternative for an A-55 body upgrade, I'd wait a bit more to see what's on the pipeline. However, IMHO the A77 is an excellent and now low cost choice and if one wants a small body, the A58 is a very good alternative ( an A57 would be even better and may still be found on eBay new for a good price).

I just don't believe the A7/7r are the best way to go right now if one of those adapters has to be used.

... Lucas

That might depend on priorities. I won't mind using A7 with native/legacy lenses for most part, and occasionally use LA-EA4 for sports/action. This is how I currently use my NEX (alongside A55) albeit with LA-EA2. In fact, if I'm carrying my 200mm/2.8, it is usually on the NEX because it goes into my sling rather easily, while I leave 16-50/2.8 on A55, and a couple of other lenses.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow