Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 11 months ago

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

A small compact full frame with those absolutely gorgeous 24 and 36mp sensors is very tempting.

How many are tempted?

Greg.

Not in the least. Why lumber around great monster weight lenses and gear when there just is simply no real benefit in image quality anymore.

I spent about three months comparing my X-E1 output with full frames and mostly all of the time I prefer the image quality coming out of my Fuji. Not to mention not having to use a crane to lift full frame lenses.

Heck, I've seen some images coming out of the very latest smart phones that give monster full frame cams a run for their money.

I can't see any advantage at all in big heavy full frame lenses and equipment any longer, unless you have a lucrative contract to supply images that were to be displayed off the side of a bridge or building - but even then most latest APS-C sensor cams, especially the Fuji's, would deliver very well there.

For me personally full frame just doesn't give the major advantages it once did, in fact, quite the opposite now.

When I see people lumbering around great monstrous heavy full frame equipment now I sort of have a bit of a laugh to myself now. I know I shouldn't but I do.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow