Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 3,005
Like?
Re: The lenses will be huge...
In reply to NTNphoto, Oct 18, 2013

NTNphoto wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

A small compact full frame

The lenses will be huge, heavy and expensive. So the small compact body does not matter any more.

I prefer the Fujifilm approach of building high quality cameras: Innovative sensor design and fast, high quality lenses.

(That's why I never bought a NEX: the lenses are comparatively slow)

Not necessarily. If you plan to use manual focus lenses with the excellent sony focus peaking you're looking at a very small set up. Probably smaller than the Fuji really especially if you're talking the Fuji with that 55-200 on it. M mount lenses are very small and if you can live with their high quality vs lack of AF vs price you'll be in for a treat.

I for one have already preordered one of the sony cameras. I shoot mainly raw so I don't care that sony's jpegs stink and I'll be shooting M glass on it so I don't care about the AF lenses being too big although I don't think the primes look THAT big. I'm also being more of an editorial and portrait photographer I don't go much wider than 35mm so I probably won't run into the issues with the wide angle rangefinder lenses that Wide angle shooters will.

What it means for me and Fuji well ill probably keep the X-E1 and use it from time to time. It's not really worth all that much on the secondary market and I can mount M glass on it still and if I plan on shooting jpegs it'll definitely be better than the Sony. I'll probably never shoot it in RAW anymore. I've always found their RAW files frustrating so Fuji can be my jpeg camera I guess which isn't really a terrible thing.

I'm guessing most people won't want to give up AF though and we've yet to see how these new Sony's perform with rangefinder lenses, there have been issues at the boarders with ASPC sensors so FF is obviously a challenge.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow