Swapping EM1 for A7

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Derek Dean
Contributing MemberPosts: 721Gear list
Like?
Re: Swapping EM1 for A7
In reply to ianbrown, Oct 18, 2013

Hey Ian, I completely understand your feelings, and your decision.  I am in pretty much the same situation, having pre-ordered an EM-1 with 12-40 f2.8 lens just last week.

However, I spent a LOT of time researching and thinking about which "system" to get (an upgrade from a Canon G10), and there are LOTS of choices, so, while I did actually have a passing thought of canceling my EM-1 pre-order ....... after reviewing my initial reasons for choosing the Olympus, and after reading more of the specs for the Sony A7/7r, I came to the conclusion that I had actually made the correct choice with the EM-1 after all.

I really want the touch screen, and the IBIS system, and I do plan of getting both of the new PRO telephoto zooms, and since size and weight are a BIG concern for me, the EM-1 still seems like the best choice for a high quality, mid size system.

Still, I do sympathize with you.

In any case, don't fret about your choice.  You'll LOVE your new FF camera.  It looks to be quite excellent.  Enjoy!

Derek Dean's gear list:Derek Dean's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow