Swapping EM1 for A7

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zaptrax
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: Swapping EM1 for A7
In reply to memo90061, Oct 17, 2013

I  haven't handled the E-M1 yet so I don't really know just how much it is improved over the E-M5.  The main reason why I ordered the E-M1 as because I found that the small size of my E-M5 made the controls too small and too cluttered.  The E-M5 is much easier to handle with the first portion of the grip attached (not the battery/vertical part).  Problem with that is you have to spend another $300 to buy the grip and the controls on the top plate are then not properly positioned.  Not to mention how small and squishy those four little multi-contoller buttons on that back of the camera are--they feel like they belong on a $300 POS.  I was hoping the next Olympus would be a wee bit bigger and have a better built-in grip.

Then Olympus introduces the E-M1.  Just what I asked for!  I'm expecting to pick mine up tomorrow.  As for the Sony A7/A7r.  Image quality seems like it will be great--well above the OM-Ds but the family of lenses seems hodgepodge.   I'm thinking it might be best to wait 1 1/2-2 years for the  second generation Sony FFs and see where Sony goes with lenses and improved design.    And, just my two cents, those new Sonys are fugly.

Zaptrax's gear list:Zaptrax's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow