Started Oct 17, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robertophoto
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
V1- can't get LCD to light up
Oct 17, 2013

I have used my V1 now for 4 months, with no trouble.  But a few days ago, I noticed that when I took my eye away from the EVF, the LCD did not come on.  Nor does it come on when I am in Play mode; only the EVF is lit up.

I am thinking that I have just forgotten some setting that would restore the function to normal.  I know that there is a setting for the DISP button that turns the LCD off, but also that those settings can only be made for the LCD when it is 'on'. So how might I return my LCD to operation?

I have tried removing the battery and replacing it, and am now leaving it removed hoping to discharge any internal battery or capacitors, and will turn it back on tomorrow.

I keep thinking that if the LCD display is turned off using the DISP button, that there must be some way to turn it back on, even though one cannot get the LCD-DISP button to have any effect if the LCD isn't the operating display.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow