What was your first camera ever that sparked your interest in photography?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,087Gear list
Like?
Pentax K-1000
In reply to Norge65, 10 months ago

I grew up shooting with various Kodak Instamatics when I was a kid, but I never had a camera of my own until I bought my Pentax K1000 when I was in my very early 20s. That camera, known with great affection as The Brick, was my very best teacher, not just as a photographer but as an artist, and, frankly, it was one of the two or three great inanimate loves of my life. I shot with it exclusively for more than 20 years, using two lenses (the 50mm f/2 M and the 85mm f/2 M). I never moved to digital, sticking with my Brick until film got too expensive and inconvenient and then giving up photography altogether for about 6 years.

Then last year I got another "first camera", a Canon Powershot SX150IS. That one didn't last as long in my affections, since I outgrew it in about a year and replaced it late this summer with a Pentax K-30 and a Fuji X10. That Fuji is a crazy little beast, and the Pentax, well, it's most of the way to establishing itself as a worthy successor to the Brick. All I need is one more lens-- the Pentax 35 mm Limited Macro is a decent sort of 50mm, and somewhere out there is something that will become the slightly longer stablemate it needs.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow