What was your first camera ever that sparked your interest in photography?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,961Gear list
Like?
Pentax K-1000
In reply to Norge65, Oct 17, 2013

I grew up shooting with various Kodak Instamatics when I was a kid, but I never had a camera of my own until I bought my Pentax K1000 when I was in my very early 20s. That camera, known with great affection as The Brick, was my very best teacher, not just as a photographer but as an artist, and, frankly, it was one of the two or three great inanimate loves of my life. I shot with it exclusively for more than 20 years, using two lenses (the 50mm f/2 M and the 85mm f/2 M). I never moved to digital, sticking with my Brick until film got too expensive and inconvenient and then giving up photography altogether for about 6 years.

Then last year I got another "first camera", a Canon Powershot SX150IS. That one didn't last as long in my affections, since I outgrew it in about a year and replaced it late this summer with a Pentax K-30 and a Fuji X10. That Fuji is a crazy little beast, and the Pentax, well, it's most of the way to establishing itself as a worthy successor to the Brick. All I need is one more lens-- the Pentax 35 mm Limited Macro is a decent sort of 50mm, and somewhere out there is something that will become the slightly longer stablemate it needs.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow