It's the little details that Fuji miss - let's tell them to get it right ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birse Boy
Regular MemberPosts: 318
Like?
It's the little details that Fuji miss - let's tell them to get it right ?
10 months ago

Don't get me wrong, I have an X100 and XE1 and they are the first digital cameras ( out of a few ) that I have actually enjoyed using - they are tactile, have most of the controls that ape an old film slr, and a very logical quickly navigated menu system...not to mention the great images. I've not used my DSLR for 18 months since getting the X100 and can't ever see me lugging a beast around again.

But it's the little details where Fuji fall down, things that for a "premium" product shouldn't be there.

As Fuji users maybe we should start a list of these little things and hope Fuji take notice and make the necessary improvements - let's help them build a system that is fully worthy of our money and support.

I'm going to start the list with something that seems pretty trivial but irritates me none the less -

1. The strap rings ! Thin, cheap rings with sharp triangular corners whose angle is too tight to smoothly rotate in the strap lugs, resulting in premature wear and gouging of the lugs. The wear on my X100 lugs was worse after a month than the wear on my 30/40 year old Minolta SLR lugs. In fact I actually took the rings off the old Minolta and put them on the X100 - no further wear ! Check out the new Panasonic ( GM1 ? ) on dpr to see what a decent pair of rings should be like, with the plastic inserts that stop the rings spinning around the lugs. Come on Fuji, its a £0.10p fix.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow