How could you fit an A7/A7r with a 50mm lens in your pocket?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Tone Row
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?
Re: How could you fit an A7/A7r with a 50mm lens in your pocket?
In reply to Mel Snyder, 11 months ago

Mel Snyder wrote:

No matter how you slice it, a 50mm lens is going to need about 2 inches to the sensor surface.

Answer: Use a collapsable Leica screw mount 50mm - just as we did in the 1960s to make a Leica rangefinder pocketable.

Most compact is a prewar f3.5 Leica Elmar or an Russian "Industrar" collapsable - really, really small

I checked, and there were several Leica collapsable 50mm lenses on eBay, most in the $300-500 range, and Industrars around $50. Bet they go fast as people recognize this is how you can make an A7 pockatable.

Glad I never sold my Canon f1.9 collapsable. a bit soft wide open, and nowhere near my 50mm f2 Summicron. But it will make an A7 pocketable (at least in a jacket pocket).

And my 35mm f1.4 will be darn near pocketable on an A7. I saw one 35mm Summicron collapsable on eBay...

Mel,

I don't know if you have this problem with the 50/3.5, but with mine the height of the LTM-NEX adapter prevented the lens from locking into infinity and vice-versa. The way I got around it was to stack an LTM-C adapter onto a C-NEX adapter. That combo will cause vignetting with wider lenses but not the elmar.

Tone Row's gear list:Tone Row's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow