Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
MrFlash
Contributing MemberPosts: 588Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 11 months ago

Nope. I don't understand the fascination with FF anyway. It's all about IQ right?

After shooting with the X system for a year or so, I sold my Canon FF equipment. The difference in IQ between the Canon 5D II w/ 'L' lenses and the X-Pro1 was not significant. I have no reason to believe that a FF camera from Sony will be significantly better than a FF camera from Canon.

Do I want to carry around bigger, heavier lenses - Nope.

And on the subject of lenses - Fuji glass is exceptional. Sony lenses have been called many things - exceptional is not one of them. The Sony FE system may eventually offer some Zeiss glass and it will be excellent, big, heavy and very expensive.

Obviously I haven't tried the latest offering, but I've owned a couple of Sony mirrorless cameras and DSLRs. Sony and I have very different ideas about how a camera is supposed to work and feel (personal taste).

If I was obsessed with the idea of FF, I would still be lugging my Canon stuff around.

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

MrFlash's gear list:MrFlash's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm XQ1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow