Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?

Started Oct 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,974Gear list
Like?
Re: Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?
In reply to Abhayks, Oct 17, 2013

I've already had the A77 ( among several other Sony SLR/ SLT bodies ) and I liked it very much. It's a very complete camera in every aspect, and you have to take the time with it to really learn its capabilities - you'll be amazed! The High ISO noise exists somewhat, but you can always "go around" it with in several ways. The light loss said to happen because of the SLT is actually negligible in real life, it never bothered me. Eventually last year I decided to move to FF since I also had an A900 and already had plenty of FF lenses, so I sold the A77 and bought the A99 about one year ago. The A900 then became my second camera for 6 months, but I hardly used it so it was also sold. Now in view of Sony's new cameras, I decided to get a support camera and intend to buy the RX10 ( I have an RX100 and it's a joy to use ). The RX10 will be my everyday, carry around camera. I liked the a7/7r, but I'd hate to use those bulky adapters!

I should say that I bought the A77 when I had an A55 and the same thing happened: the A55 got so little use that I sold it. It was eventually replaced by the RX100 as an everyday camera.

Good luck on your choice, IMHO the lenses you already have and like should be taken in great account on your upgrade ( unless money is of no concern and you just sell everything to get a new system altogether ).

... Lucas

Always having fun with photography
http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow