Sony RX10 is interesting for m4/3 users Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Henry Richardson
Forum ProPosts: 12,495
I posted from photographer's point of view
In reply to Henry Richardson, 6 months ago

I posted from a photographer's point of view, not a brand loyalist point of view.  I have been on dpreview long enough that most people should know I don't care one bit about brands.  I look at things from the perspective of a photographer and not which big camera corporation is winning, losing, coming from behind, etc. in the sports championships.  I think some photographers might see this RX10 as being very interesting.  Not only based on its specs (that is pretty much all we have with new cameras), but also based on price in comparison to other possibilities.  The brand loyalists will never stray from anything that isn't m4/3, I get that, but for photographers some may think $1200 for this camera with its Zeiss 24-200mm f2.8 looks more attractive that $2700 for the 12-35mm f2.8 and 35-100mm f2.8.  Not everyone, of course.  Before long there are always tests of all new products and we shall see whether it looks as interesting after that.  That is the same as it always is for new stuff.  The GX7, E-M1, etc.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow