Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,134Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you tempted to switch to Sony A7 or get one as well as your Fuji?
In reply to Stephen787, 9 months ago

Stephen787 wrote:

shigzeo ? wrote:

Joohan wrote:

I have already preordered the A7R. I can't be bothered with brand loyalty. I invest mostly in m-mount lenses so I will keep the X-pro1 and have the luxury of a second body.

We are in the same boat. I'm not a fan of Sony, but I don't have confidence in the X brand to purchase lenses. So, I'm all L and M lenses on my X. Will switch to the first reliable FF ILC camera that does what I need it to do. If it's a Sony, oh well.

dear mister shigzeo

i am interested in buying leica M lenses for an mirroless camera from leica store in munich. which sell sec hands lenses, maybe even new leica lenses in their future wetzlar hq.

But i would like to know from you. Is the IQ better on M lenses, the X format lenses is optimize on mirrorless camera, the gap between lens element and sensor is very small. Can your M lenses still beat fuji with such disadvantage?

Can you from your photo gallery pick out the one from leica or an X or L lens?

The 60mm f2.4 fujifilm lens is so good compare to their other lenses, that i can easily pick them out from photo folder with mix lenses. Will you able to pick up photo taken from M lens?

Dankjewel

Hello Dank,

I don't update my DPreview gallery very often at all.

The only L mount (old Leica) lenses I've used at DPReview are the 10,5cm/2,5 LTM Nikkor, the 35/2 LTM Canon, and that is it for now. However, I use Summicrons and Summiluxes both new and old. I've found that no maker is perfect. One thing about Leica is that their build quality is second to none.

The Fuji lenses are sharp and have good colours, but are strapped to a 100% completely electronic mount. The Leica lenses can be used free, on other cameras, and even ringed together for crazy macro.

I use only older lenses, mostly from the 60-80's and each one, for F or L/M mount is amazing. My favs are the 10,5 Nikkor and the Canon 35/2. Why? The Canon is extremely sharp, but has amazing OOF rendition that isn't just smooth, it's painterly.

One thing I dislike about the Fuji lenses is that they are smooth without much background character. It is fine. A lot of people enjoy that style. I don't. I shoot advertising photography for a living but when I get out with a fun camera, I'm looking for something memorable. It is why I'm saving for the 50/1,4 pre-asph Leica Summilux, which not that smooth, has great spec, is sharp, and has lovely, painterly OOF areas.

As for my gallery, I hope to update soon. So far, the only L/M shots are these:

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VeryNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow