Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,373Gear list
Like?
Re: Why to choose A7/7r over A77 ?
In reply to JimmyMelbourne, 10 months ago

JimmyMelbourne wrote:

Moving to FF, and also moving away from SLT pellicle mirror will offset the loss of IS. The adapter however re-introduces SLT as part of the A mount adapter solution.

A problem I find with the later SLTs is it is hard to know what benefit IBIS is actually providing in real terms. I do not see a great difference when it is on or off in most shooting scenarios.

I find IBIS makes a huge difference........ Though you need to know where to look for it.

My hands are shaky, so truthfully, without IBIS, I lose quite a few shots.

But even my sharp shots if I test without IBIS:  When I use IBIS, the camera is able to select a slower shutter speed and a lower ISO.

So while I might get a clean well-focused shot at ISO 400 with IBIS on, if I turn off the IBIS -- the shot might still be sharp, but ISO will be bumped up to 1600, so you'll start to get noise.  In low light, with IBIS, I can get usable shots at ISO 1600.  Without IBIS, those same shots require ISO of 6400+, which are pretty unusable beyond a facebook posting type of shot.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow