I suck...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Clueless Wanderer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,134Gear list
Like?
Re: I suck...
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 6 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

I spent several hours tonight visiting various photographer's sites. I would visit a site, check the blog roll, click a random link, spend time viewing the work of the photographer and then move on to the next link.

There are amazing photographers out there. Amazing work, technique and style. It was a humbling experience but one I, and probably most of us, need in order to improve. There's nothing like visiting the sites of other photographers and discovering that you still have a lot to learn about choice of subjects, composition, post-processing and more.

I realize that I've still (after all these years) got a lot to learn. I may never be as good as the photographers whose websites I visited but in studying their work I have something to aspire to.

What was most pleasant was that the sites I visited were not about the gear but about the photography. A very refreshing evening away from gear talk. Everyone should try that.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Great title

Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow